Puerto Rico has to achieve 40% renewable energy by 2025 as per a 2019 law obligation. However, the public utility of the US is unsure about meeting this target.
- Besides the goal of 40% by 2025, it has to meet 60% by 2040, and 100% by 2050
- The Biden administration has pledged a $12 billion federal aid to help Puerto Rico rebuild its entire energy system with regard to the 2019 clean law.
- Recently, the Caribbean island’s public utility authority demonstrated difficulties in achieving the clean law target
- Even though extreme weather conditions prove to be a challenge for Puerto Rico to reach its goal, the increasingly physical risks did not dampen people’s optimism about clean energy for the future
- The rooftop solar pad is expected to provide roughly 75% of total electricity to the entire country in the future.
To read more about this, please visit: